Dentistry or dental science is a subject that deals with diagnosis, prevention and treatment of the disease, disorders and conditions of teeth, gum, jaw bone and of adjacent structures in oral cavity and maxillofacial area.
It has six branches :
- Conservative dentistry with endodontic: Related to dental filling or restoration, veneers, tooth whitening and root canal treatment.
- Orthodontics and Dento facial orthopedics: Related to management of malposition of the teeth and jaw
- Oral and maxillofacial surgery: Related to management of various types of facial and jaw bone injuries, maxillofacial and oral cavity cancer, cyst and tumors of jaw bones.
- Prosthodontics: Related to replacement of missing teeth and soft & hard tissue defect
- Pediatric dentistry : Related to treatment kids teeth gum and oral mucosa
- Periodontics: Related to treatment of diseases of gum